Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Chris Cooley no holds-barred on Tony Romo

Chris Cooley has at least one thing in common with the majority of Americans: he loves to watch Tony Romo choke.

The Redskins tight end joined the LaVar and Dukes show (LISTEN HERE) in Washington, and talked about the rival Cowboys choking away a 24-point second half lead to lose to the Detroit Lions on Sunday.

He pulled no punches.

"It's so good," said Cooley of Romo's choke-job. "I was watching the scoreboard in St. Louis and I didn't see that they'd lost really until the end, I thought they blew them out so I kind of stopped paying attention. It's amazing, amazing to watch him choke like that."

Ouch. I mean, America's new favorite hobby is to revel in the failures of the Dallas Cowboys, but Cooley takes it to a whole new level. He wasn't done yet.

Via the Washington post:

"I'm just saying, if I'm up 24 points in the third quarter, If I'm the head coach I feel like I can probably just take a knee the rest of the game, punt it away and there's no way Detroit's gonna drive on you that many times," Cooley continued.
"It's hilarious to watch him throw pick sixes too, back-to-back. I loved it but it wouldn't be as good as my cage fight." 

Wait, what? Cage fight? That's right, Cooley was asked to speculate about what would happen if he and Tony Romo entered the octagon for a good old fashioned death match.

"I would probably try to incorporate my wrestling ability, like when I was in high school. Obviously it's been a while but I didn't like to beat people fast," Cooley explained. "I like to embarrass them a little bit. Like take a 24-point lead, and then just play with them a little bit."

ZING!

Cooley is on fire. My God, talk about kicking a guy when he is down.

On behalf of all of America, we appreciate your honesty Chris Cooley. It's quite refreshing.

That's got to be the best thing to come out of Washington since.... well.... since Cooley was forced to get psychiatric help for exposing himself on the Internet?

Come to think of it, does Cooley have any right to be saying these things?

Ehh, who cares. Awesome nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment